- National and International Organizations:
- American Philological
Association The page provides information about the organization and access to APA Publications, the Directory of APA members, Officers and Committees, Placement Service and Positions for Classicists. The site also provides an electronic version of the the Annual Meeting Program (with links to abstracts) and links to other Associations and resources for Classics.
- American Philosophical
Association Information and links to the APA Electronic Bulletin Board,
E-mail Directory of APA members, sites of interest to philosophers, Publishers,
Libraries and Bibliographies, Grants and Fellowships.
- American Classical
League. The ACL Home Page provides links to ACL Services and useful
- The American Society of Greek and Latin Epigraphy Home Page offers information about the society, its executive board and membership as well as announcements of interest to epigraphers.
- The Archaeological Institute of America Home Page offers information about Institute meetings and events; a list of officers, staff, and board members;
tour information; AIA publications information; the AIA Code of
Ethics and the AIA Code of Professional Standards; membership
information; fellowship information; a list of local societies and
affiliates, each with local contact person (linked to Web sites for
local societies, where available); and current projects of the
Institute. The page is maintained by the AIA Committee on
Computer Applications and Electronic Data.
- The Home page of the Association of Ancient Historians contains information about the organization and its activities.
- Classical Association of Canada / Societe/Canadienne des
e/tudes classiques: Information about the organization, its activities and publications are available at this site.
- The Classical Association is the largest association in Great Britain. Its Web site offers information about membership, the organization, its activities and journals and benefits to its members.
- Classical Association of ScotlandThe site provides general information about the Association and its meetings,
a listing of related societies in Scotland, links to other organizations in the UK, and a section on recent publications from Scottish universities.
- Ploutarchos, the International Plutarch Society maintains a Home Page with information about its journal and upcoming conferences.
- Vergilian Society. General information about the organization as well as about Villa Virgiliana and the Classical Summer School, and Vergilius, the journal of the Society.
Classical Caucus (WCC) Information about the goals, activities,
initiatives and membership of WSS.
- Regional Associations:
Association of the Atlantic States (CAAS). The Home Page of CAAS
includes the program of its Fall and Spring meeting as well as general
information about the Association (its publications, scholarships, committees,
- Classical Association
of the Middle West and South (CAMWS) This Page offers information about
the Association, CAMWS membership, the activities of state organizations and
the Classical Journal.
E-mail Directory The e-mail directory of the Classical Association of
the Middle West and South is available electronically.
Association of New England The CANE Home Page includes news and
announcements about programs and activities in N.E., a directory of N.E. Colleges
and Universities, an e-mail directory of CANE members and links to the New England Classical
Journal, the CANE Latin Placement Service and other materials.
Association of the Pacific Northwest (CAPN)Home Page includes information
about the activities of the association, a membership directory of its members,
links to its Bulletin and WWW links to other associations and sites of interest
- State Associations:
- California Classical Association (South)
- California Classical Association--Northern Section
Association of the Empire State Information about the association and links to other regional organizations, placement services and Classics resources.
- Classical Association of
Virginia Announcements, information about the activities of the
Classical Association of Virginia and links to other classical associations and
- Illinois Classical
Conference is a statewide organization of high school and college teachers
of Latin and Greek. Its Home Page includes the current issue of the
Augur,the ICC newsletter, information about upcoming events and
conferences and links to other classical organizations.
- The Maryland Junior
Classical League Home page provides general information about the Maryland Junior
Classical League, a realtime Java chat over the WWW for students,
teachers, professors, and enthusiasts of the Classics, the Certamen Questions Bank, the official webpage of the Medusa Mythology Exam and a section called Fabulae: (interactive Stories set in Ancient Rome and Greece)
- The New Jersey Classical Association Web Page provides information about the organization, upcoming events in the New Jersey area, scholarships and links to other Classics resources.
- North Carolina Classical Association. Information about the organization, its meetings, newsletter, links to other classics sites,
scholarships, and a report on the International Baccalaureate program
and its effect on Latin in North Carolina.
- Ohio Classical Conference Information about the OCC Convention, e-mail addresses of OCC members and other information.
- The Ontario Classical Association has a Home Page with information about membership, the history of the organization, its on line Newsletter, and links to Classics resources.
- Pennsylvania Classical Association. General information about the organization, its membership, officers, a job bulletin board and links to web resources.
- The Tennessee Classical Association contains information about the association, its officers, placement service, announcements, and links to otehr sites.
- The Washington Classical Society is an organization dedicated to promoting an appreciation of the cultural
legacy of Classical Greece and Rome throughout the Washington D.C.
area. Its Home Page provides information about the Society, its members and links to other WWW resources.
Back to the Table of Contents
Maintained by Maria C. Pantelia