Electronic Resources for Classicists: The Second Generation
Author Specific Projects and Web Sites
- Apollinaris Sidonius is a web site created by Joop van Waarden to accompany his doctoral thesis at the
University of Amsterdam. The site includes the text and translation of Apollinaris Sidonius' Book 7, extensive bibliography and links to related resources.
of Rhodes A Bibliography for Apollonius of Rhodes including texts,
commentaries, translations, secondary literature and recent dissertations.
This is part of the Hellenistic Bibliography project maintained by Martine Cuypers.
- Augustine of Hippo is a page maintained by Jim O'Donnell
It provides an introduction to Augustine's Life and Works, links to online Texts, Translations and Commentaries, links to Images, Research Materials and Essays as well as links to the the Internet seminar conducted by Jim O'Donnell in Spring 1994 and 1995.
- The Cicero maintained by Andrew Riggsby at the University of Texas--Austin.
- Mantovano is the web page of a Discussion Group on Virgil and his influence to later literature. In addition to information on how to subscribe to the list and search its archives. This page is part of a site that contains links to resources for the study of Vergil (bibliographies, maps, readings, etc.)
- The Ovid Project
The University of Vermont has made available an extensive collection of 17th
century engravings inspired by Ovid's Metamorphoses by the German artist
Johann Wilhelm Baur. In the future the project will be expanded to include
other Ovid holdings included related texts and articles.
- Platonica is a web site about Plato maintained by C. S. Planeaux.
- Tertullian is maintained by Roger Pearse and contains information (texts, translations, bibliographies, quotations) about the Christian author Tertullian.
- Short Bibliography on Thucydides maintained by Lowell Edmunds.
Home Page. A Home page with a wealth of information for the study
of Ovid. Bibliographies, course syllabi, on-line texts and commentaries
available to download, course materials, links to electronic resources
and much more.
to the Table of Contents
Maintained by Maria C. Pantelia